If you are looking for a healthy but tasty dessert then Spinach muffins with chocolate chip is the right choice. It is a tasty, easy hidden vegetable recipe! The whole family will love them especially kids. You can't taste the spinach but it makes them naturally bright green!
- 2½ cups raw spinach (125g)
- ¼ cup oil (60 ml)
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup sugar (100g)
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose (plain) flour (200g)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (75g)
- Preheat oven to 325°F/170°C. Line or grease a muffin tray.
- Wilt the spinach by putting into a bowl of boiling water for a few minutes, then drain and rinse briefly under cold water.
- Gently squeeze out the excess moisture from the spinach, then chop it up a bit and add it to a blender along with the oil, banana, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Whiz until it’s smooth.
- Pour it into a bowl, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Gently stir to combine, then fold the chocolate chips. Take care not to overmix, but ensure no streaks of flour are showing.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tray for 10 minutes then remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipie inspired by Kate, a food blogger! Find more info on: https://veggiedesserts.com/spinach-muffins/