Simple Lettuce Salad made by Irene, one of our volunteers, from freshly harvested fione green lettuce over the weekend!
- 1 packet of lettuce
- 3 onions
- 1 cucumber
- 10 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon or lime juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil / sesame oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Fresh pineapple
- Toasted nuts (optional)
- Wash and chop lettuce, and add into a large salad bowl.
- Slice cucumbers into smaller pieces.
- Chop cherry tomatoes and cut into halves.
- Slice red onion, fresh pineapple and yellow bell pepper.
- Toss gently and only until ingredients are combined.
- Drizzle lemon/lime juice and olive oil/sesame oil over ingredients.
- Sprinkle toasted nuts onto salad as topping (optional).
(Note: best consumed within 30-60 minutes after tossing)