- 2 cups (100g) kale discard any woody stalks
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- ½ cup (150g) butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- 1 ½ cups (200g) plain (all purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 170C/325F. Line or grease a muffin tray.
- Tear the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces and boil or steam for a few minutes until tender. Refresh in cold water and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Add the kale, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice to a blender and whiz until smooth (or puree with an emmersion blender).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the kale puree and lemon zest and mix well. The mixture may split slightly, but don't worry.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and stir to gently combine.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tins for 10 minutes then remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipie inspired by Kate, a food blogger! Find more info on: https://veggiedesserts.com/kale-and-lemon-muffins/